Next time you are considering just laying out some salami and cheese as a pre-meal treat…Think again. Make your favorite salad fixin’ and wrap it up in some thinly sliced salami, proscuitto or sopressata. I picked up this idea in a recent Food and Wine magazine. But ditched the inner salad that they featured and created my own.
These starter treats consist of arugula, toasted almonds, raisins, seeded tomatoes and blue cheese very lightly dressed in a mustard vinaigrette and wrapped in salami blanket. They are very pretty and quite tasty, I must admit.
- 20 thin sliced pieces of salami
- 4 cups of arugula
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp blue cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped and deseeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss arugula, toasted almonds, raisins, blue cheese and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and gradually add dressing as need until very lightly tossed.
- Put a tbsp of salad in the center of each salami. Wrap up salad and seal with a toothpick.