So I thought I would share a recipe AGAIN for Spinach Balls with Mustard Sauce that I shared earlier this fall. I am doing this for several reasons:
1. My mom just made them on Christmas Eve and I was reminded how good they are to eat!
2. These are a very easy appetizer to make regardless of your training or experience in the kitchen.
3. If you have a crowd coming over this weekend or for new year’s eve, you would be doing yourself a disservice by NOT serving these to alcohol consuming (or non-alcohol consuming) guests. Seriously, they are that good.
(4. I need to test my email subscriptions so you all stop receiving screwed up emails!)
- •2 packages of frozen spinach
- •2 cups of dry stuffing mix (e.g., Pepperidge Farm)
- •1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- •6 eggs
- •3/4 cup melted better
- •1 egg yolk
- •1/4 cup sugar
- •1/2 cup dried mustard
- •1/2 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze dry.
- Beat eggs.
- Add stuffing mix, melted butter, Parmesan to eggs and mix well with a spoon.
- Form little balls of the mixture.
- Put on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 and cook until golden brown. Turn over and continue to cook until golden brown (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Soak dried mustard in vinegar for 4 hours.
- Beat one egg yolk and heat in a double boiler and whisk in sugar gradually.
- Gradually add mustard mixture and stir constantly until slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes.