Strawberry Banana Milkshakes
I can’t think of a much better way to end the first (hot!) week of camp than with a strawberry banana milkshake. Particularly given its the peak of strawberry season in Connecticut.
I mean what kid doesn’t love ice cream? And milkshake making is certainly a fun thing to do to kick off the weekend.
All you need is a blender and some enthusiastic children to assist in pouring in a little milk, an abundance of sliced strawberries and a chopped ripe banana.
While there are moments for that full fat ice-cream, today wasn’t one of them. I decided to try Breyer’s No Sugar Added Vanilla ice cream. The kids couldn’t tell the difference! And mommy didn’t feel guilty having some sips too.
My daughter, Sophie, who occasionally has cameo appearances on Weekend Table also would like to make a “Candy Table” (her name for her blog) entry today. She says with a big smile as she sips the tasty shake: It is good. It is pink. It is creamy and TOO good! I would, of course, make them again. Everyone liked them, including my brother.
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Breyers Blogger Program. Visit www.facebook.com/breyers to join the conversation.
- 2 cups No Sugar added Breyer's Vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup 2 % milk
- 12 chopped fresh strawberries, plus 4 additional strawberries for garnish
- 1 chopped ripe banana
- Add ice-cream, milk and half of the strawberries and banana to the blender. Blend until smooth (30 seconds).
- Add remaining strawberries and banana and blend for 30 more seconds.
- Pour into four glasses, garnish with strawberry and serve with a straw!