This Peach and Burrata Salad with Basil and Almonds is far and away my go to salad for summer. Trust me that there is something about the combination of a ripe peach, fresh basil and burrata that just works.
You know you have a winner recipe when you make it three times in one weekend because you personally cannot get enough of it. I found myself repeatedly running to Trader Joe’s to grab burrata off the shelf. I single handedly wiped out their stock.
I also had to hand out the recipe to people before I even had time to post it to this blog!
While the peach, burrata and basil are the dominant flavor drivers, the shallot dressing — made with sherry vinegar, grapeseed oil and olive oil is very key as well. And everything tastes better with toasted almonds in my opinion so don’t leave them out either. Or the chives. They add some kick.
One thing to keep in mind. You can make most of the salad and the dressing a few hours ahead and refrigerate or leave in a cool room. But don’t add the burrata and peach until just before you toss in the dressing and serve.
I am in denial of the fact that July 4th has come and gone. My kids spent the weekend swimming in the ocean, watching fireworks rise right over their heads with mouths gaping open, and eating up lots of hot dogs and corn (not to mention ample ice cream and popsicles and lollipops).
I did very little cooking, some work, a fair amount of lounging, a little more work and a lot of indulging in food and beverages. And while I have way too much work on the horizon ahead of me in the next month or so, I feel like I enjoyed a bit of calm before the storm with my family this weekend. Good memories of happy days and nights.
- 3 cups butter lettuce
- 3 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup toasted almonds (toast in 1 tsp oil on stovetop until browned and fragrant
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 peach sliced
- 2 balls of burrata, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of salad ingredients to a bowl except peaches and burrata (can be done a few hours before)
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and whisk together.
- Shortly before serving, slice peach and burrata and add to salad; toss in shallot vinaigrette. Serve immediately.