October 14 was National Dessert Day. My daughter, now 6, was maximizing the celebration of this minor holiday. And the celebration has continued through the week with tonight’s indulgent Ice Cream Goblin.
A creation of Clare Crespo, this seasonal Halloweenie treat for kids is a super big hit in terms of appearance and taste. It will be a favorite of peanut butter lovers with the feature of the Breyers Blast Reese’s Ice cream. My kids however, were bigger fans of the ice cream cones topped with sugary icing, the eye ball skittles, twizzler’s ears and nose, and tootsie roll eyebrows and mouths.
If you are looking for a fun activity for the kids, you could give them the ingredients to make — then eat — their own. If I had a herd of 6-8 year olds, I think this would be a fun activity, except that the ice cream does melt if you don’t act fast.
Whether they make it themselves or taste mom’s creation, you can count on the whole goblin being gobbled up!
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Breyers Blogger Program. Visit www.facebook.com/breyers to join the conversation.
- 1 sugar ice cream cone
- Decorating icing, candies and/or sprinkles
- 1 scoop Breyers BLASTS!® REESE'S® Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 small soft square candies, halved diagonally
- 2 small round candies
- 2 small black oblong shaped candies [or black sprinkles]
- 1 small red candy
- Decorate sugar cone "hat" as you wish with decorating icing, candies and/or sprinkles.
- Place scoop of Breyers BLASTS!® REESE'S® Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups on plate. Place two soft candy pieces on sides of ice cream scoop for goblin's pointy "ears". Use remaining 2 soft candy pieces to make "nose"in center of scoop. Place small round candies above nose for "eyes". Place small black oblong candies or sprinkles above eyes in downward angle for goblin's angry "eyebrows". Place small red candy below nose for "mouth".
- Place hat on top of ice cream scoop. Dot eyes, if desired, with decorating icing for "pupils". Serve immediately or place in freezer until ready to serve.